Repurposeing...Its a Family Thing!




First of all, I would like to say sorry that I haven't been keeping as up to date as I can on the blog (sometimes life gets in the way!) But now that I am back, I would like to tell you all a little story about my grandfather...

My grandfather is always in the garage working on a new project or fixing something, he loves to find objects and use them for something else that is useful! I guess thats where I got it from...looks like reusing and repurposeing runs in the family!

This past weekend, my husband and I went to Florida to visit them. We had a great time sun bathing, going to the zoo, going out to eat and enjoying every minute of it! It was fun to spend time with my grandparents! While I was looking around their condo, I came accross their storage closet and I took a peek inside and look what I found...good old grandpa using his reusing and repurposing skills again! He took a gallon water bottle, cut a hole in it and is using it to store his knick knacks, which to me it looks like he is getting a collection of wine corks. Once I saw the wine corks, I told him there were a lot of things that he can do with corks, such as make coasters, picture frames or a cork board! 

We had a lot of fun exchanging ideas and it is good to know where I got my "skills"! Hope you enjoyed this post! Do you and your family reuse and repurpose together? Tell me about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment